Friday, September 12, 2008

9 Month Well Baby





I took the girls to see their doctor today. Clara is 15 lbs 8 oz (5th percentile) and Evelyn in 18 lbs 5 oz (45th percentile). Clara is 20th percentile in height. I don't know Evelyn's percentile becuase they had to remeasure her and they forgot to give me her new percentile. She's a little over an inch taller than Clara though. Clara's head is 80th percentile and Evelyn's is >97th.

We're going to repeat the brain ultrasounds on both girls just to follow-up on the fluid and enlarged ventricles. Doc's not too worried about anything...he sounded more like he wanted to do it to give us some peace of mind. Both their fontanels were open and soft like they should be. Doc's also working on getting their Synagis lined up for RSV season. Alex came with me so we all got our first of two flu shots.

Clara is working on trying to crawl. She kind of knee hops a little. Evelyn got up on all fours a couple days ago, so we think she's not too far behind. Their PT had to take a medical leave of absence so we've been without therapy for 3 weeks. It's been a nice break, but I'm anxious to get them back into the swing of things. Their doctor was a little concerned about Evelyn's neck tilt...surprise surprise. So, it's be nice to get back into therapy and get some new exercises. The current ones don't seem to be making much of a difference.

We started letting them try to grasp at Cheerios. They're pretty bad at it, but it keeps them occupied and makes dinner time more peaceful.

I had a follow-up with my doctor about my thyroid. I have to go in for an ultrasound so he can get a good view of it. He's hopeful that it was a post-partum onset and, as such, may eventually start to regulate itself and I'd be able to go off the meds. Let's hope!

No other news to report except watching out for Ike and anxiously awaiting reports from Houston-residing Papa and Maggie. I'm afraid my old home may end up quite soggy and certainly the beach I know best, Galveston, will be quite affected.

Take Care,
Kris

3 comments:

Denise said...

Cute pictures!

paula said...

Great pictures! I'm jealous that the girls are on the chart. Benjamin just made it and he's 2.

jdh said...

Neat everything. Also wanted you to know that I have started a blog. lowboot2ublogspot. Love the opportunity to keep up with the kids. Hope to see them and you soon. jerry