I took the babies in for the first of their 5 Synagis shots. Synagis is a medication that helps lessen the severity of RSV, should they contract it this year. The shots weren't particularly notable, but their weight difference was. Evelyn is 21 1/2 lbs and Clara is 16 1/2 lbs. That's a 5 lb difference. We know Clara burns more calories because she works so much harder to breathe. Now I'm guessing she also burns a lot more because she's so much more mobile - crawling around everywhere. But, man, 5 lbs?? The doctor doesn't seem to care so I guess I shouldn't freak out. My other issue is that it means it's going to be a looooong time before she gets to 20 lbs - the magical weight we can move her to a front facing car seat.
Oh, and the doctor said their heads looked better than they did two months ago. He said they were holding them up better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nope, no compression socks. I bought some (similar to Teds) at Walgreens on the way home, wore them for about an hour and decided they were way too uncomfortable and hot. My mom returned them a couple of days after. I think I get up enough to pee that hopefully clotting shouldn't be an issue.
Wow, I can't believe your girls are 5 pounds different. I mean you can tell Evelyn is bigger, but it didn't look like 5 pounds to me. That's good that their heads look better though.
Post a Comment