We walked in the Fetal Hope 5K this weekend. I was pretty thankful there weren't a lot of people speaking about TTTS or other fetal issues. I'm just not ready to cry in public over my hot mess of a shared placenta. They did say that more babies die every year from TTTS than from SIDS. Crazy.
Anyway, there were tons of double strollers and it felt good to be with my people. No one asked if they were twins. No one told me that I must have my hands full. No one accosted me, asked to take a photo, or otherwise bothered us. Nope... the only question we got was, "How old are your twins?" It was such a nice change of pace to not be the freak family.
And then today I dared the aquarium where I was asked (3 times), "Are they twins?" and I even got a, "You must have your hands full!"
Back to reality I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey there,
You could do an epidemiologic study on those comments that you receive, eh? At least you could keep a notebook and keep track of the frequency of each comment and the general demographics of the commentators?
Seems like maybe the best antidote to your unsolicited celebretity is the knowledge that -- YES! They are THRIVING twins because they both survived!
And you must never tire of hearing that you have a beautiful family!
I'm glad you could be with YOUR people for awhile. That's the way we always felt at Chinese Heritage Camp!
Love,
Janet
Post a Comment