Both girls are inefficiently, clumsily, and grudgingly cruising. They are not happy about it or good at it, but they are working it out and getting it done thanks to their therapist who is much pushier than I am. I tend to fold as soon as they start crying. They are also very sneaky with both me and the therapist. They have these long spider monkey arms and they can stretch and reach at least 4 inches further than you think they can. They like to stretch as far out as possible to reach for something to avoid cruising.
Clara is also a big fan of clapping and she enjoys the fun game of "Where's Mama's nose?" Evelyn is abstaining at this time from game playing. But both she and Clara like to dance. Especially when you sing "Wiggle it" by 2 in a Room to them.
Evelyn is finally crawling a regular crawl. She first did a bunch of dragging I referred to (in a totally non-politically correct way) her "zombie stroke" crawl. Then she would kind of crawl but with her right foot trying to stand during the crawl. It's hard to explain. Anyway, she's finally crawling for real now.
Both girls just started to point (Yay! Score one against ASD). They mostly point at Alex because he is clearly the funniest thing in the house. Greg and I don't even come close to making the babies laugh as hard as he does. He's also really started to play with the babies and he and Clara are even starting to fight over toys. So, we're dealing with two main fighting groups - Evelyn vs. Clara and Alex vs. Clara. You'll note that Clara is involved in both groups. She's a little stinker. She's super curious and adventurous and loves to push limits and steal. Evelyn is pretty good about not stealing toys but, man, she's a big bully. Clara is full of scratches. Evelyn uses brute force to get what she wants - she scratches, pulls, and pushes to get what she needs.
I think that's it. I'm kind of tired of blogging so I may do one or two more and then call it quits after their birthday next weekend. I really, really hope I don't have need to start up again. I hope the girls just continue to catch up developmentally. I hope Clara's lungs continue to heal and stay strong. I hope the fluid on Evelyn's brain absorbs. I hope they equal out in size. I hope we can live our lives crisis-free for many, many years to come. We're exhausted. I need a freaking nap.
Take care,
Kris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Plan on taking a few naps next week! Can't wait to see you all.
I hope you don't stop the blog. It is how we keep up on what is going on in your world.
Post a Comment