Alex went to his first dentist appointment yesterday. Dr. Lexie's Dad showed me where we need to do a better job brushing his teeth (back molars, in case you were curious). He also showed me the damage the pacifier did to his teeth. His overbite is pretty bad and will eventually need braces to correct. Oh -and for now his front teeth are fine and can stay around. He smacked them pretty hard a couple months ago and I was worried they'd need to be yanked. Overall though, a successful visit. Alex didn't freak out and they aren't any cavities. Dr. Lexie's Dad also gave each girl a toothbrush since they're both now rocking two teeth.
I started my thyroid replacement meds today. Pop quiz... What causes fatigue, lethargy, difficulty losing weight, difficulty concentrating, forgetfulness, and moodiness? If you answered, "Having twins, you idiot!" You'd be correct.
If you add a follow-up question, "...and also cold intolerance, light sensitivity, joint pain, lightheadedness, vertigo, and a wonky menstrual cycle?" Well, then, one blood test later, you get a whole new answer called hypothyroidism. It's not a big deal. Seems like everyone has it and it least it explains some of the symptoms I've been having. I was pretty careful not to talk about how tired I've been because it seemed stupid when there was a clear reason (make that two clear reasons) for me feeling so run down. I had even justified the vertigo and lightheadedness as happening because I'm on the floor all the time with the girl and standing up was hard on me. And that light sensitivity? Clearly it's because I'm inside most of the time so of course the sunlight will bother me. The joint pain? Well, I am picking up babies all day. ...and so on. Anyway, at least I have an explanation and there's treatment.
Baby girl updates - They've been enjoying sweet potatoes and applesauce quite a bit. They get furious when you have to stop for a moment to feed the other one. It's pretty funny and I hear circus music plying in the background as I frantically try to shovel food into each of their mouths at a rate that is acceptable to them. I'm going to start making my baby food soon. I made an attempt with Alex to make his baby food and had to give up because of lack of freezer storage. Now that we have another freezer at the house I'm going to give it a try again. Feeding these girls is just really, really expensive. We're spending about $100 a week on formula and I need to cut some costs somewhere. And since I can operate a blender, I figured baby food was a good place to start.
The PT came by for their weekly visit on Tuesday. She's happy with their progress and she was especially happy to see that Evelyn's neck issues finally look like they are starting to resolve. Clara is starting to bring toys together in both hands. Evelyn is starting to kick off on her feet (a pre-crawling movement). Both girls are starting to roll from back to front.
That's it for now. I just got a new camera and I have some new photos to post but it'll be a few days before I can motivate to load the software.
Take care,
Kris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't let Dr. Lexie's Dad scare you...he's not a big fan of Mr. Binky, although, he is a real softy when it come to his own grandson...he calls it his "plug". Congrats on Clara and way to to Alex!!!
Post a Comment