First of all...congratulations to Freezerbuns!!! Mama Wannabe - you're up next.
Mother's Day has been extra special this year. On the surface it didn't seem so fancy - got to sleep in until 9:30 (thank you, Greg), got a wonderful necklace with the December birthstone (thanks again, Greg), and went to a BBQ. But this year I'm just over the top happy with my lovely family. Since I'm not particularly demonstrative, I'm not exactly sure how to put it into words....I guess it's just that this year I had to fight really hard as a mother. Harder than I ever imagined. I doubted myself a lot, had moments of sadness, brushed myself off, and got to celebrate my kids. I'm so proud of Alex and all his strengths. Watching him play and create takes my breath away. I cannot believe we created this magnificent little guy. And the girls are these amazing, gorgeous little fighters. They've struggled and come out victoriously more in 5 months than I have in 31 years. Alex, Evelyn, and Clara are the best things I've ever had the opportunity and privilege to have in my life. They are all beautiful, extraordinary, fantastic little kids. And even though I've been short tempered these days (sorry, Greg and Alex), I cannot state strongly enough how lucky I am to have this family.
Without getting into any detail, something else happened this week that gave us some perspective and really forced us to look at how connected we are to our friends and family. This can be a lonely world and I think that especially now that I'm a stay at home mom I'm really treasuring my time with my friends. Greg and I were thinking about just setting up a standing Sunday night dinner where everyone is invited every week. We figured some weeks one person would show up, others none, and others 6. I just really like the idea of creating a family atmosphere where we can all just sit back and enjoy knowing each other. Since I don't live near my own family, I miss that sense of feeling completely at ease around people. I miss having relationships where you can just call and say, "Hey, I'm watching Bones....wanna come over?" I miss feeling like whoever is at my house won't care about my haphazard ponytail or my screaming kids. I want to reconnect in way that I don't feel like I have to entertain. So, we'll figure out of we can get our chaos under control and open our house to everyone.
On this Mother's Day I also want to send all my love to all the moms in my life. So to Mom, Maggie, Mandy, and Marlene... thank you all for supporting, encouraging, and unconditionally loving me and my family.
Big loves to everyone.
Take care,
Kris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Happy belated Mom's Day!
You know it doesn't take much for me to cry, so I will just repeat what I emailed to you and Mandy today: I am so proud of both of you and how beautiful, talented, and smart you are! Besides that, between the two of you, you have given me five of the greatest grandkids anyone could ask for! Love you all.
I better be! Just kidding! And happy mother's day to you!
By the way, we knew that lady was crazy on Bones last night. And he isn't dead.
Post a Comment