Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Seating charts

Completely random thoughts today and not particularly baby related...

Mimi and I went for a walk around Wash Park which felt like 8 miles but was only 4.4. We saw this hardcore group of exercising stroller moms kicking and lunging there way through the park. Very impressive...and not at all something I want to do.

Also today, I was watching The Paper on MTV (Whatever, I'll own it. I will also own voting for American Idol last night. I'm not ashamed). Anyway, these ridiculous high school kids were complaining about their whole year being ruined because their teacher gave them a new seating chart. Can you all remember a time when a seating chart actually seemed like a big deal? In light of my last year and the past year for a ton of friends, I can't even remember a simpler time like that. I would love, love, love to have such an amazing worry-free life that a seating chart ruined my day.

Not much to report on the baby front. The girls had therapy yesterday. Clara was in a great mood and handled the bolster and the big ball like a champ. Evelyn....not so much. She was not in what I'd call a "good" mood. But, through the screaming, I think we got a few more good exercises to work on. Also yesterday, for fun, I thought I'd venture to a store with all three kids by myself. It was You Tube worthy. I could actually feel my hair frazzling as each second ticked by. We all survived, however, and managed to get out of there injury-free so I'm calling it a success. The problem is having a stroller and a shopping cart. There must be some trick to this I haven't figured out yet. If anyone knows anyone with twins who can offer up suggestions, I'm open to hearing them.

Take care,
Kris

p.s. this will not make sense to most, but I was telling Mimi about Alissa's stupid bird Pootie. It got me all heated up and angry just thinking about that stupid, stupid bird. How grudge holding am I that I'm still irritated about a bird who was in my life 12 years ago??? I have issues. Or maybe I just hate birds. I'm looking at you too White Bird.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Seriously? You're going to tell us you voted for AI and not say who you voted for?

Wow. I totally forgot about Pootie. But then, I never had to live with the damn bird.

AmandaS said...

That Pootie situation was quite possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever witnessed.

Jen said...

I think you are just mad at Pootie because he humped Ty the frog ALL THE TIME.

Or maybe it was because his name was Danny Zuko (sp?) and she called him Pootie.

Oh, the days of Hallett.

Unknown said...

I just caught up on a few posts.

Yeah for Clara and you're they do look even more identical now. Although they always did look identical....

I don't think I stressed about anything in high school and now I think I stress about the little stuff to not think about the big stuff. I'n working on that.

Great necklace too. I still have to take pictures of my one and only creation. I am still working on adding time to my day for just me. But that's me - one big work in progress :-)

Enjoy life!