Saturday, June 14, 2008

Poor little Ripley

News about our other baby, sweet little Beagle Ripley... She has got the most disgusting thing happening to her eye right now (I've decided against posting a photo of it because it has gotten so nasty looking). The vets are a little unclear about what is happening. A few thoughts...all are related to recent tooth extractions because of abscessed teeth. 1) The infection moved up to her eye, 2) the removal caused a hemorrhage behind her eye, 3) there is a bit of tooth or other debris stuck somewhere causing the bulging, or 4) something happened during the extraction to make a preexisting tumor evident. We're clearly hoping it's not Door #4. We'll continue with week 3 of antibiotics and pain meds to see if is subsides. Seriously, folks, I have soooo much appreciation for Greg on this one - I can barely look at Ripley (apparently, my love for her is conditional) there is no way I could rub the ointment on what, at this point, doesn't even resemble an eye. If it's still a big eyeball of nastiness after this week, Dr. Vet will put her back under to poke around, x-ray, etc to see what is going on in there.

Okay, so once there was an episode of The Simpsons where Homer gets a spring stuck in his eye. I had a near panic attack about it....and it was a cartoon. Can you imagine what actual eyeball problems are doing to me? She can only close her eye partway because it's so swollen. And there is some kind of chunky thing in it......

3 comments:

Denise said...

I think I just vomited in my mouth a little.

AmandaS said...

Poor little thing! That sounds awful. I hope it doesn't turn out to be something serious.

Jen said...

So are you saying sticking in a contact grosses you out too? Wish Ripley all the best for us, from a distance apparently!