I'm settling in now. I got my Perinatal room and it's amazing what my own bedspread has done for my mental health. The room is a little dumpy. It's not nearly as nice as Labor and Delivery or one of the fancy new hospitals in town, but does it really matter? It's still a hospital room and it's more important to me that I'm close to Alex than it is that I have a nice room.
Day 2 was much the same as day 1 only I got to go to the pool - an interesting and somewhat BBC The Office awkward experience. Marcel the PT and Eric the PT student intern (who looks about 17 years old - is that really how young we all looked in college??) wheeled me down to the pool. Luckily, I had the foresight to bring a bathing suit because the hospital ones are hilariously prepackaged like astronaut food. Anyway, I get wheeled down in my suit and robe. I got in the pool (a lovely 98 degrees - shout out to Nick Lachey) and proceeded to float for 30 minutes with a noodle. This is my therapy. And poor Marcel and Eric had to sit and watch me, but since there's no actual hands-on therapy, they just pulled two chairs up to the pool, watched me float, and shared an Oprah magazine. I felt compelled to chat with them because, well, what else am I going to do while floating? I found out the therapists call the pregnant ladies "floaters" because of our outstanding hydro-aerobic routines. I also learned lots of little tidbits about Marcel and Eric. So I get to do this everyday. I did feel good though to just float in warm water and feel weightless.
My doctor came in a chit-chatted a bit this morning. We're going to try to clear up how far I walk. The nurses didn't want me leaving the hallway yesterday, but my doctor wants me to be able to go downstairs and get some fresh air. So, we shall see.
I added a link to Greg's blog about this whole experience. He's running around all day and has no time. I'm laying around all day and have nothing but time.
Today is my 27th week milestone. Every day is a little celebration, but every Friday is a victory.
So that's it. I'm sending out good vibes to my three pregnant friends right now. I hope everything is going well with your little peanuts.
Take care,
K
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Kristina,
I love the blog! I have added it to my favorites. It is SO much better to read about your experience in the hospital then working on my comps presentation. I'm glad that you are in your own room now. I hope your doctor wins and you are able to get some fresh air. Keep the updates coming!
Amy
How big is the pool? Too bad Alex can't float with you; he would love it!
Hope you get to sneak outside while the weather is still good. I am sure the fresh air would make you feel better.
Vincent D'Onofrio Rocks!
Love all of you.
Love reading your stories. You should consider dropping in some pics of your "floater patrol" guys. I'd love to see what they look like. I'd also like to see pics Janitor, Kelso, and Turk.
Post a Comment