Friday, November 23, 2007

More worry

Last night was another trying night. Evelyn had two more decelerations (she got down to the 80s during the first one and the 70s during the second). I got put on continuous monitoring from 8:30 last night until 7:30 this morning. We called the Hightshoes around 11:00 and had them stay the rest of the night with Alex so Greg could come to the hospital. They gave me an Ambien to try to help me sleep a little bit. It worked a little, but because I was stuck in the same position all night, I didn't sleep well. I was also having some contractions because my bladder kept filling up - apparently your bladder can irritate your uterus into having a contraction. The good news is that she's recovering well from her decelerations which, hopefully, means she's not causing herself permanent damage. My doctor didn't seem to think the heart rate issues were because of cord accidents. So, something else is going on. She said a cord accident would look more like a spike in the heart rate and not a gradual decline, plateau, and gradual incline.

I went back on around 10:00 this morning and everything looked fine. I'll go back on later today. For now, we're just watching them. Our doctor is "worried" but not rushing me off to the OR quite yet. If Evelyn keeps having issues a very premature delivery is likely. I'm 29 weeks today and I'm guessing I'll be pretty lucky to make it to 30 weeks.

So....all this information is mostly to let people know what's happening so I don't have to keep repeating the story on the phone or in person. I'm pretty tired and freaked out, so I'm closing up shop for most visitors and phone calls for a few days. I'll let people know if/when I'm for it again. If you really want an update, please call Greg on his cell.

Take care,
Kris

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thinking of you lots, sweets. You're amazing- so brave and strong.

Mimi said...

Thinking about you a lot. Hoping for healthy outcomes and that you are doing okay in the midst of all this uncertainty. Love, Mimi