Did you know that "I'll be right back" is a relative term? Apparently, in the hospital setting, it's relative to the amount of time in a decade. So far, it's meant anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours later. This little phrase is especially frustrating when I'm all hooked up for monitoring, have to pee (because, well, I've two babies inside), and my out of reach lunch has been delivered and is getting colder by the second. "I'll be right back" is noticeably longer when paired with, "...with the ultrasound machine." This usually guarantees an hour wait. Why they keep me hooked up monitoring nothing in the interim is beyond me. Can you tell yesterday was frustrating? :) I was especially happy to be hooked up for 2 1/2 hours while my nurse took her lunch break. Something happens at the 2 hour mark...I just start to go absolutely crazy.
Alex and Greg stayed the night last night which was wonderful. I was woken up by a 3 year old sneezing next to my bed followed by, "I want to lay down with Mommy." Just knowing they were so close by made me happy.
That's it for yesterday. No big news. The girls are still looking good.
Take care,
K
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment