Tuesday, November 20, 2007

More decels

Each day keeps getting worse and worse. I'm hoping today is a turnaround day. Yesterday, Evelyn had another deceleration- this one longer, lower, and worse than the one on Saturday. So, their heart rates are supposed to be between 120 and 160. On Saturday she dipped to 100 or 105, but came promptly back up. Yesterday she dropped to the 80s, stayed there for almost a minute, and then took several more minutes to recover. A little while later, her heart rate jumped to the 180-190 range and stayed there for about 10 minutes. During that 10 minutes she continued to have variables meaning she'd drop way down, then go way back up, drop way down again, and go way back up again. It was torture just waiting for her to regulate herself. It all started around 3:00 yesterday when I went out to the nurse's station because I couldn't feel Evelyn moving. I ended up monitoring until 8:00 because every time she'd act up, I'd get assigned two more hours. Towards the end of the session, Clara then decided to hide from the monitor which bought me the 5th hour trying to get her on continuously.

I'm hoping today goes better and that the girls are doing well. Everything is really out of my control, but it's still really difficult to deal with all the heart rate issues.

Take care,
Kris

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I come out of lurking mode to let you know that I am thinking of you and the babes lots and I hope today is a much better day...

Jen said...

You take care of yourself. I hope you have a much better today. Hugs!

Unknown said...

hey there,

i didn't realize until recently that you were being so good about updating your blog, so now i am caught up. i can only imagine how scary it is with the constant ups & downs that monitoring clues you in to. i am staying optimistic and thinking of you and the babies a lot.

our own munchkin is doing fine & dandy by the reports we got from the anatomy scan last week. i just started feeling some movements recently, which is really a trip.run

Denise said...

K-I'm hoping you had a much better day today. You must be exhausted with all the emotional ups and downs. Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts.

Unknown said...

You are truly an amazing individual. I am keeping you, Greg, Alex, Evelyn and Clara in my thoughts. I'll give you a call some time soon.