Things are settling into a routine around here. Get up, take shower, eat breakfast, get monitored, work, float, eat lunch, work, get monitored, mill around, eat dinner, visit with family, get monitored, go to bed. And that's pretty much it. The floating time has become my second favorite activity (after visitors) because it's nice to check in with my two floater friends. I get a little freaked out everyday though...hoping they're both still here and doing well. One has low amniotic fluid and something called a unicorn uterus (seriously...look it up...it's crazy). The other has low fluid, IUGR, and placenta previa. We're all likely going to be here until the end of the year - assuming all goes well. Today we spent a large amount of time talking about how tired we are of the food here. I wish I could have some food requests from visitors - I still just have so many aversions. I've even tried employing Amy's technique of smacking my lips together to try to figure out what I'm "tasting" to no avail. Actually, that's not totally true...I know some foods I'd love to have - I'd love some brie, wine, beer, deli meat, etc. All sorts of things that I can't have. I actually dreamt about beer last night. How sad is that?
Anyway, on to my Evelyn and Clara update. They're doing well. Clara had what they call "variables" during her afternoon and evening monitoring sessions. Basically, it means that her heart rate dipped for a few seconds. They keep assuring me this is okay and normal and everything, but it's really difficult to get optimistic seeing the printouts with the dips in them. I guess as long as these variable blips stay short or whatever, things are okay. It likely means her cord is getting compressed for short periods of time. No one but me seems to be concerned so I'll try to move past it.
Both girls seem to have settled into their places. This makes the monitoring sessions much shorter for me because the nurses know where to put the discs and we don't spend an hour trying to find the heart rates. If my belly were a clock, Evelyn is hanging out pretty low at 6:00 and Clara is at about 10:00. I'm happy they've settled in, although it doesn't seem to be preventing them from testing out their limbs. They are in a constant game of oneupsmanship - who can beat on Mommy the most :) Whatever, I'll take it. Active babies are healthy babies.
I'm supposed to get wheeled over to my doctor's office tomorrow or Thursday to check on my cervical length and do fetal growth measurements. I'm anxious to see how big they are.
I think that's about it for an update. Oh, one more thing, did you know that King of Queens is on TV approximately 65 times a day??? Carrie and Doug are my new best friends.
Take care,
K
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So poophead blogger erased my first witty comment about bringing you nonalcoholic beer and 16-year-old twin girls...
Maybe it wasn't that witty, but I am thinking of you. And once you give birth I promise to bring a roast beef and brie sandwich washed down with a Budweiser. Or something like that.
xo
Post a Comment