Not much to post today. The girls have been behaving. My doctor stopped by earlier today to talk about doing an ultrasound tomorrow or Tuesday. We'll take a look at the cords and the blood flow in them. If I can make it to 31 weeks, this ultrasound will help decide when we schedule a c-section. It's looking more like 32 weeks instead of 34 weeks given the decels Evelyn's been having. We also talked about the contractions I've been having. She's not concerned at all since my cervix is so long. She said that since it's so long, tomorrow's ultrasound would also be the last time they measure my cervix. Cervical length is not my issue these days.
Papa came in yesterday and it's been nice having him here. Alex is obsessed with his moustache since he now knows two people with moustaches - Papa and Mr. Potato Head. I'm hoping Papa will get to go to the ultrasound with me so he can see the babies and the cords.
Other than that, not much to report. We're just watching the girls and hoping their heart rates stay within the normal range. 5 more days until I'm 30 weeks. The survival rate at 30 weeks is pretty high, as is the handicap-free rate. It's amazing to me that I'm actually hoping for 30 weeks. My pregnancy with Alex was so carefree and I really took for granted his health. I just assumed everything would go well. This whole experience has shown me how fragile this and other situations can be. A friend who went through something similar about a year and a half ago said something very true - that most women don't experience the dark side of pregnancy. I hope that all those I know who are trying to get pregnant or who are pregnant continue to not experience it.
On a cheerier note, Lexie told me that if I keep clicking up on my remote past the radio stations there are more channels. I'm happy to report I've caught up on Project Runway.
Take care,
Kris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That's so funny about Alex and the moustaches! I'm glad to hear things are going a bit more smoothly and the girls seem to be doing well. Hope you are keeping yourself somewhat occupied.
I hope the last few days have gone smoother. We're thinking of you and hoping these little ones sit tight for a while longer!
Best, Andria
Mikayla calls moustaches "caterpillars".
I'm glad that the babies are still in there. I'm so sorry that you had a rough few days, but I'm glad that it has gotten somewhat better. I won't complain about my Thanksgiving drama anymore ;)
You are constantly in my thoughts. Best wishes to you and the babies.
I was worried your post was going to be about you suddenly growing a moustache...
As always, thinking of you and hoping the girls hang tight. Much love.
At least Papa doesn't have a moustache above his eyes!
I know 32 weeks isn't what you wanted. I was thinking yesterday, though, as I was recounting last week to my work friends that it is amazing just how far you've come. I don't think I'll ever forget the call I got from you in between planes in August. I'm so glad the girls have hung in there this long. They are strong...just like their Mommy! I will wait to hear about the ultrasound results and be sending positive thoughts your way.
BTW...HURRY for Lexie and the PR discovery.
Glad to hear the girls are behaving a bit better these days. Have Greg let us know when he's ready for a break - Ben is anxious to play with Alex. I'm anxious to visit in person - if/when you're up for it. Let me know. You're almost to 30 weeks!
Take care and stay strong - you're amazing!
Rachel
Hope Project Runway is keeping you a little distracted. Here's a shout out to Lexie also.
I'm in Iowa right now. What exactly is a good reason for coming to Iowa?
Say hi to the girls for me. See you soon.
Post a Comment