I saw my other doctor today for an ultrasound looking at growth and cord notching (indicative, according to one article, of cord knotting). My two doctors seem to have different philosophies about this whole mono/mono thing. Today's doctor talked about going to 35 or 36 weeks. So, who knows?
Okay, here the scoop....Evelyn's weighing in at 2.9 lbs. Clara's a little smaller than I had hoped at 2.3 lbs. This means Clara only gained .05-.1 lbs in 2 weeks. My doctor seemed unconcerned. I, of course, will be kept up all night :) They also checked the blood flow in the cords and all looked well there. They also didn't see any notching in the cords. Oh...and my cervix is still long.
This doctor also talked about doing an amnio. My two doctors seem to disagree on two main points -1) when to deliver and 2) whether or not I should have an amnio to help determine lung maturity and, therefore, delivery date. I want to agree with today's doctor about the later deliver and the other doctor about not having an amnio. Basically, I want the best of both worlds. An amnio just seems a little dangerous with two babies in there. I'm worried about hitting one of them. I guess we'll see as we get closer.
In other exciting news one of my floater friends gets to go home tonight and the other will likely go home tomorrow. I'm excited for both of them even though I selfishly will miss the company.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I miss you already. Hang in there!
35-36 weeks...that is fab! Although...what a roller coaster. With all the conflicting info it must be impossible to keep your emotions straight! Found out today that Erika is pregnant with triplets. Yikes. I'm happy Lexie was sprung, but sad for you. :-( Hang in there. Project Runway tomorrow night.
That would be great if you could go to 35-36 weeks. If everything looks good - why not? It's good to hear that everything is going well. Still thinking of you all the time.
yikes, what an emotional rollercoaster all of this must be. that's great that you may be able to go to 35-36 weeks though. i will keep my fingers crossed for you!
We'll be thinking positive thoughts from Seattle for you and the girls. As Mandy mentioned I'm at 8 weeks with triplets and experiencing an emotional rollercoaster of sorts. Your blog is a wonderful way to share your feelings and progress with others as well as provide a way to document this entire process. Hang in there. Take care of yourself! I'll be checking in periodically anxious to hear how things are going. XO Erika
Can we get you an inflatable doll or something to be your new floating friend?
But I am glad to hear you could go nearly full term for twins. That would be so very wonderful. And I know it's because you wanted to spend every holiday in the hospital!
Thinking of you!
Keep up the good work. You and Greg are both doing a wonderful job! Maybe you can give Jim and Erika some pointers.
Love you all!
Post a Comment