Saturday, December 1, 2007

30 weeks!

Not much to report over the last few days. I made it to 30 weeks and the girls have been doing well. They both had long periods with really high heart rates. Again, normal is 120-160. We want them to have accelerations that go up 15 beats per minute for short periods of time. This shows that they are learning how to regulate themselves (or something - I can't remember everything they tell me). Evelyn got stuck up in the 180s-190s for about 10 minutes and Clara (stinker that she is) ranged from 175-195 for 30 minutes, getting as high as 202 for awhile. The medical folks around here aren't too concerned. They said they're really only looking for decelerations. Their lack of concern wasn't really expressed to me until after they're heart rates returned to normal so I was freaking out and trying to talk them down. Neither Clara nor Evelyn seem to listen to me very well. It's good to see that they're already acting like their brother.

In non-baby news, the hospital stay is taking a toll on my body. Even though I'm not on bedrest there is nowhere really to go and I can feel myself getting weaker everyday. There's also something that happens with all the recirculated air. It feels a little like I've been living on an airplane for 3 1/2 weeks. You can't help but get the nappies and feel kind of sick all the time. Normally, I'd go complain to my floating friend, but she up and left me in favor of home bedrest so I can't park myself in her room and complain.

We got a new floater the other day and she's, how do I say this nicely.... kind of annoying. It seems dumb, but when floating is the highlight of your day and someone whose personality doesn't match up with your own invades that time, you get a little cranky.

But, all in all, if I can even complain about these minor things, it means that everything is going well.

Take care,
K

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Woooo - fantastic that you made the 30 week mark yesterday! Love hearing about in uterine personalities. So cute.

That is a drag about your new floater "friend." I wonder if Lexie is missing her floaty sessions?

Keep those accelerations coming, girls.

Lexie said...

I miss floating! And I miss you coming into my room to chat. Way to go on 30 weeks! I wish we could go have a drink! Somehow water in the hospital container just doesn't cut it!
I miss you lots and am so glad the girls are behaving. I know what you mean about the weakness. I have it majorly. I can't even take a shower without breaking a sweat. And stairs? Don't even go there. Talk to you soon!