I just talked to Dr. 34 weeks and I asked him what that chances are that a 32 weeker would have mature lungs. He said about 30-35%. Given this information, I decided to just cancel the amnio because I don't want the risks (infection, ruptures sac, etc) with such a low chance of delivery. So, cancelling of the amnio also means no c-section on 12/17. We're officially shooting for 33-34 weeks provided the heart rate tracings look like they have over the last 24 hours. Obviously, the babies have the final say and they can always decide to come whenever they want.
I asked Dr. 34 weeks to battle it out with Dr. 32 weeks. I'd like to stay out of it.
Take care,
Kris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Seriously - just tell them to fight amongst themselves while you go take a nap. :-) I'm still pulling for the 20th - at the very earliest! You are a PHENOMENAL WOMAN!!!
Yikes! This is such a nail biter! Hang in there...we're thinking of you.
Post a Comment