Sunday, December 9, 2007

Nurses

I keep forgetting to jot down my thoughts about all the nurses I've had - for myself mostly....this will mean basically nothing to anyone but me. I have to say that I love all these nurses :) They are all very good at their job - which can't be easy. Can you imagine spending all day with freaked out, hormonal, high-risk pregnant ladies?

David - My favorite nurse. He's worked on all 7 continents, has a very calming way about him, and his son is dating twins (a fact that David tries not to learn much about). He's got a ton of great stories. One nice thing is his willingness to just sit with me and try to keep the monitors on. It sounds simple, but very few of the nurses will take the time to do it and it makes all of us feel better. He's also been doing this a long time and has a knowledge base that can put things into perspective. Oh, and his hands are warm. Nothing worse that cold hands on your belly.

Charisse - Took a couple sessions to get used to, but now I absolutely love her. She's pretty conservative and will keep me on the monitor just to be cautious. She used to live in Waco (shout out to TX), raises 5 1/2 alpacas (yes..."and a half"), and is 6 foot 2. Oh and she always brings me grape popsicles while I'm on the monitor.

Brenda - Even though I haven't had her much (she and Charisse usually work on the same days) she's incredibly easy to get attached to. She's a good one to call when I'm freaked out as she knows how to frame things in a way that make me feel better.

Kathy - Poor Kathy just got saddled with braces. Her oldest son has lots of baby mamma drama and her younger son just had surgery on his butt. She's a good chatter and, thus, another favorite.

Vicki - Reminds me endlessly of Paula Dean. She's a grandma of twins.

Jennifer - Giggles a lot :)

Anita - Greg described her best as having a German work ethic. She's in, she's out. No messing around.

And there are endless more that I've had - Jennie, Jessica (looks like Jamie Pressley), Linda 1, Linda 2, Rachel, Annalea, the one that looks like Lily Taylor, and probably several more that I'm forgetting. Again, these folks have a tough, tough job and they all do it well.

3 comments:

Denise said...

This sounds like quite a cast of entertaining characters! Sounds like you are in great hands. I hope those babies stay in for 8 more days. You are doing an amazing job staying sane!

Lexie said...

I would have to agree with all of your descriptions! I really think we should write a book together about pregnancies that aren't like all of the women who we saw pacing down the hall delivering at 40 weeks. We have a description for them, too. Not trying to be hostile, just jealous! Hang in there chica! It's almost time! I will be by soon to see you when I can get my act together. I have a video tour of Andy's "Crib" on my blog. You should check it out. It is the only thing productive I have done in a while...except for being an oven and cooking a baby. Love, Lex

amster.com said...

Hey...Here's to hoping for 8 days....I know how much doctor can mean everything.....Sounds like these girls inherited their mommy's determination and strength....Here's to a good day ...

Posted by Amy for Kathy