Clara's having a ton of variables today so I'm marathon monitoring. I thought I'd post really quickly before they put me back on in a half hour.
The girls won't stop moving around and they keep needing ultrasounds to find them. I wish they'd settled down and stop scooting around so much. Every time they move, I'm picturing a new knot or tangle.
The nurse practitioner came in today and made me feel worse. She kept saying how tangled and knotted all momo twins end up and I wouldn't believe what they look like and how she's so shocked every time. So I feel super anxious today. She also kept talking about emergency c-sections and how all the nurses need to be watching my heart rate strips really carefully in case today is the last day and we call it "quits" and operate. You know - I know all this stuff. It's why I'm living here. I'm perfectly aware of my high risk nature. Hearing it spoken so directly to me just makes me feel worse.
Take care,
Kris
Edited to add...Of all the posts I've done, this is the only one I regret. As I read it again, 6 months later, I cringe. The reality is that I loved my NP. She was absolutely fantastic and provided a ton of emotional support. I also happened to be the kind of patient who really wanted things told to me as they were - no sugarcoating. She just caught me on a bad day (not hard to do during the inpatient portion of this journey). Kris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
As Nicole says, maybe we should punch her in the gut.
Or, at least, have the new crappy floater whine to her and drive her nuts.
Hope you do okay on the marathon monitoring. What you endure daily is a testament to your greatness as a mom.
Thinking of you!
I agree with Jen. I wonder if your nurse will ever get enough practice and grow up to be a real nurse. I think she is absolutely heartless.
This is a really tough day. That said, I am thankful that you and the girls are actually in the right place at the right time. I am really glad you are well into week thirty.
Hang in there. I just heard that things have escalated again. We're all thinking about you here and wishing there was something we could do for you.
We're sending good vibes in your general direction.
Post a Comment