Sunday, December 9, 2007

Smashed your face

Not much to report. The babies are doing fine. Evelyn has been baselining a little lower than usual which means that her regular variability of +/- 20 bpm now puts her low end under 120. Folks here just kind of recognize that it's a shift in baseline and not actual variables. That being said, all my strips still need to be signed off on by a resident.

I've kind of grown fond of my new floating friend. I think she just took some warming up to. My other friend, Inbal, got to go home last week. I'm thrilled for her and I wish her and her baby the absolute best.

Mom's still on babysitting duty and doing a fabulous job. She's graciously agreed to stay until Sunday when Papa and Maggie come in town. Now that we're in the home stretch it's nice to know we've got grandparental coverage at the house. The Hightshoes have been fantastic about dropping everything to help us out, but we'd like to give them a little bit of a break.

Alex appears to be done with all this hospital stuff and has been acting up quite a bit. He took a gigantic swipe at me today and scratched up my forehead. He later retold the event to me like this, "I was crying. You were sitting there and I was sitting here. I smashed your face. You yelled at me. I got a time out and I cried that I wanted my daddy." Which was....accurate.

Take care,
Kris

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You made it to Monday - you go girl - no nasty docs to welcome the girls to the world. Nice! You are doing great - one day, one hour, one minute at a time - whatever it takes! :-) HUGS TO YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, congrats on avoiding Dr. Pompous! Glad to hear you've got lots of help on the home stretch. We'll be sure to take our turn after the girls come out, when Alex is still sick of the hospital stuff - maybe a trip to Children's museum with the Coopers? Sounds like he's easing in to "big brother" behavior - upset, but not quite sure why or how to express it - did he take pointers from Ben? I'll be sure to tell Ben to cut it out if he did:)
Hang in there - you're doing great!