Wednesday, December 5, 2007

IV-BE-GONE

Yesterday was a good day. The girls did well enough to get me off the IV - I was being such a baby about that IV. I was whining every second and I think they took it out just to shut me up.

Anyway, they still had some variables, but nothing like what we were seeing on Monday. I had a long talk with my doctor who, like me, thought Monday was going to be the day. We're all very excited that the babies turned around enough to keep them in for at least another day. Each day on in the inside saves us 3 days in the NICU. Doc did say that any more days like Monday and the babies come out. No more dorking around. If they cooperate, they will come out mid-month when I hit 32 weeks.

Lexie (floater friend) came by to visit after her doctor's office. It was great to see her- especially to see her looking like a "real person" with her hair done and carrying a purse. Her fluid is up even more and I'm super excited for her even though I know she's ready to meet Mr. Andy. I'm very anxious to meet him as well. I want to see how long he is....I'm guessing 24 inches (Sorry, Lexie)

Also, thanks to everyone who has been so kind and supportive. I have big plans to stop being so self-centered and "woe is me" when all this is over. I really do appreciate everything that everyone has been doing for us - visiting, bringing treats, taking care of Alex or Ripley, and all the prayers and good vibes. It means a lot to both Greg and me.

Take care,
Kris

6 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! I am glad to hear that the IV is gone and the girls are doing better.

And that is crazy in just a couple weeks the girls will be here! Double yay!

And bitch all you want. You have two crazy wiggle babies inside and are stuck in a hospital. You are entitled to it.

Lexie said...

I'm back in my pajamas today! You are doing so well. I admire your courage and positive attitude. I now know how it feels to be in the hospital. You are doing wonderful! Every day is a blessing...and guess what? It is almost Friday - you know what that means! Talk to you soon!

amster.com said...

Don't worry about whining too much about the IV - I did the same thing - until they finally took it out...and Abby was induced because I whined so much about that too. You have a right to feel "woe is me". You don't have to justify anything. You have made it so far! Hang in there.

amster.com said...

Wow that is really cool that 1 day in utero = 3 days in NCIU. I didn't realize how much that equates. It makes every day that much more accomplished. Glad the IV is out and that you are more comfortable.....Thinking of you and your 'cuties' (my word of the month since all my kids eat now are Cutie Clementines)

Posted by Amy for Kathy

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things turned around again. You are handling the constant ups and downs so well! That's crazy that 1 day in utero = 3 days less in the NICU! I think someone else commented on this, but it's so crazy!
Don't worry about the whining, you have every right to say whatever you're thinking, feeling, wanting, etc. You're getting closer and everything is going to be great!

Mimi said...

Itchy IVs be gone! Please, sister, there is no "woe is me" to apologize about. 6 hours until 31 weeks! You are one of the funniest people I know. I can't believe the way you maintain it during your hospital stay - all the ups and downs, IVs, leg braces, crabby nurses, condensation on your food! You are AMAZING!