Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Would've been nice to know

Apparently I almost got delivered last night. No one bothered to tell me this until this morning. I guess they had all the staff watching my strips from the nurse's station and the resident had the on-call doctor on the phone and ready to go. Dr. 34 weeks talked to me today and has changed his tune a bit - he told me to be prepared for 32 weeks after last night. Sheesh! All this back and forth is driving me crazy. My strips today have been okay. No big dips or anything, but also no accelerations. I've asked to be monitored a little extra today just to keep an eye on them. I just can't believe that everyone thought I was going to deliver and yet no one told me. Little things like, you know, calling my husband could have been done had I known. Greg decided today that no matter what, as soon as he hears on back on IV fluids, he's coming to the hospital just in case.

At least all this stress will be over within the next 14 days. Then it gets replaced with NICU stress, followed by SIDS stress, followed by all the other stress of having kids. I asked my dad recently when you stop worrying about your kids and he said, "I'll let you know."

Take care,
Kris

6 comments:

Mimi said...

Hi from Alaska. Whew, what a week. I am catching up on Monday thru Wednesday and was riveted by all the posts. Sounds exhausting with revolving nurses and Drs 32 and 34 weeks duking it out.

One more day to another "week" milestone. Hope they let you know what is going on - how stressful!

Also hope you have a good nurse tonight - makes such a difference doesn't it?

Hi to the girls. You can make it through this! Take care....

Janet said...

Hey Kritina (and Clara and Evelyn), I am on the edge of my seat! Hopefully no one is making delivery plans without you and Greg tonight!

I am thanking Amy for directing me to your blog.

What an ordeal. This is making that 18 hour flight to China seem like a walk in the park!

Here's to some more peaceful days!
Much love,
Janet

amster.com said...

No matter when the babies are born, we will always be up to celebrating their birthday...even if we have our Christmas party the next day. It sounds like Dr. 32 weeks and Dr. 34 weeks may come to a consensus sometime soon. Hopefully they will include you in the decision making. Hang in there...you have made it so far!

Anonymous said...

I am so amazed with how well you are handling all of the back and forth craziness! I hope you and Greg get to be part of the delivery plans whenever it happens for real. You're so close - hang in there.

Jen said...

You just texted me the news! Congrats! Yay!

Unknown said...

Yea! I am so happy to hear that you and the girls are doing well! I will keep you, Greg, Alex, Clara and Evelyn in my thoughts and prayers.